Anadata is Hiring Now
Position: Business Development and Impact Manage
Employment Type: Full Time, 2 year contract
Salary: £42,050 – £51,950
Are you an experienced business development professional, with a successful track record of developing relationships between researchers and industry?
Can you work collaboratively with colleagues to create a culture of innovation, enterprise and entrepreneurship?
Are you motivated by the opportunity to contribute towards our KEC and impact strategy of maximising the positive impacts of our science, by exploiting knowledge assets?
If so, we are providing an exceptional opportunity for you to play a key strategic role in the delivery of our mission. This is an exciting time to be joining us, the successful applicant will have opportunities to shape our innovation and commercialisation for the future strategic programmes and collaborative projects with industry. With an ability to understand key intellectual assets and capabilities of our researchers and operational staff, the applicant will play a key role in supporting our knowledge exchange, commercialisation and impact activities
About the team
The Business Development and Impact Group (BDI) supports research and operational groups to develop new, and strengthen existing, areas of research and capabilities with significant commercialisation potential. We help to develop collaborative research and development projects with industry and public sector through consultancy, contract research, and grant funding. BDI manages processes, mechanisms, networks and relationships that support our colleagues to share their knowledge and realise the social and economic impact of our research. BDI is also delivering mentoring and training to colleagues to improve their confidence in working with industry and building of entrepreneurial mindset.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Candidates should be educated to a degree level in life sciences, preferably at post-graduate level, or significant and relevant work experience in the life science sector.
- We are seeking a well organised and motivated individual, with proven recent experience of developing innovation and commercialisation initiatives within academia that will help maximise impact.
- Candidates should possess demonstrable experience of supporting a portfolio of projects and processes associated with the commercialisation of research and knowledge exchange.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to liaise with people at all levels of seniority, including with those in technical and non-technical roles, are core requirements for this position.
- The successful applicant will also possess good written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- The candidate should have excellent planning, prioritisation and organisational skills, with the ability to deal with conflicting demands across multiple projects and partnerships.
- Ability to work autonomously and provide input at senior management level are the core requirements of this position.